Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sometime you gotta just stop and smell the roses


A few minutes ago I noticed Luke was having trouble getting into his toy basket so I tumped* it over so he could inventory his stuff.  Some good things in there....one glove, a squeaky-toy shoe, a couple of socks (dryer orphans), a jump rope....nothing but the best for 'ol Luke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This looks like it will be a fun week.  We decided to take the "Ugh" out of Monday by going to a movie yesterday evening.  We saw Five Year Engagement and agreed it was an excellent film. On Friday evening we're going to Lone Star Park, our local horse race track.  Free admission, cheap food and drink, and with my expertise at picking horses (I'm up by maybe $10 over my entire life) we should have fun.  Then Saturday morning I'm meeting the guys for our monthly Cars & Coffee event.  Finally, later on Saturday K and I are going to the Cottonwood Arts Festival, one of our favorites.  Anyone care to join us?  :)

S

*tumped....it's a real word, Southern US slang....I Googled it.





5 comments:

  1. I love new words and expressions. So if I drink to much and got sick I would "tump" my cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve....only if you were passing through the Southern US when said event happened. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your idea of doing something fun on a Monday night! Why do we always think we have to wait until the weekend? Though your weekend looks like fun, too.

    I'll have to put the movie on our Netflix list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Criminee, it looks like you're retired.

    (By the way, criminee is a real word though I may have spelled it wrong.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aren't our furry friends the best?

    ReplyDelete