Sunday, June 24, 2012

Fun weekend...

Saturday morning K & I took Luke to a pet expo at Fair Park in Dallas.  There were agility demos, obedience trainers, different breed rescue organizations, and lots more.  Luke did well considering he was by far the smallest dog there.  He stood his ground most of the time, except when he went nose-to-nose with a giant Bernese Mountain Dog.  It was hard to get a good photo of him as he was moving so fast:




"Ohhh....my big chance!  I can sneak up on these two babes and get a sniff and they'll never even know I was there."

We left there and went by the big Farmers Market in downtown Dallas where I bought some locally grown cantelopes, tomatoes, and a watermelon.  I don't remember fruit and tomatoes ever tasting this sweet!  

Today was just a lazy one, spending all our time indoors because the temps broke into triple digits.  We had lunch at Jason's Deli, then stopped in to REI to see what was new there.  I found my kayak:




Look....a seat.  A REAL SEAT!!  I would have bought it except for 3 things; no way to get it home, no place to store it if I got it home, and they kept pestering me for $1,000.  :(

Now we're back home, probably in for the day.  I can see some sangria in my future, but besides that....?  Hope you had a good weekend, too.  :)

S



6 comments:

  1. LOL at Luke - he's so cute & ferocious. Heh.

    We spent the day mostly indoors here. It's 89 right now, but that seems low to me. My church had a picnic & service at 1:00 today at someone's lake house. That sounds nice in theory, but HOT in practice. I skipped it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Kayak. I need to get something to sit on. I just have the plastic molded seat in mine.

    If you wait long enough they will do on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Convince K that the Kayak would make a good occasional chair for the living room and when she isn't looking put it in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooohhhh...that kayak looks tempting. I store mine at Dick's Sporting Goods for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of dough for a seat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing, after eating the usual nitrogen-ripeded tomatoes they foist on us in supermarkets, how wonderful a fully natural one tastes?

    ReplyDelete