Thursday, April 26, 2018

More construction stuff...

It rained yesterday so Jax and I didn't get to walk around the big construction site, but today we were back in stride.  Here is what has happened since Tuesday:


All the scaffolding is in place and now the big crane (I reeeeeeally wanna drive it!) is moving these concrete form panels into place.  I earlier thought they would be steel, but it appears they are lumber and plywood.  They will eventually all be tied together and leveled, rebar steel will be installed on top, then concrete will be poured.  That concrete will form the floor of the second level.  Then they start all over again...taller column extensions, more scaffolding, more concrete form panels, more steel....

S


3 comments:

  1. I have never trusted that type of construction. As a kid I saw a floor fall after it should have been cured, it killed a worker and scared me for life. I have a fondness for operating a drag-line, takes a lot of skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will this be a residential building, or an office complex...or what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be a bank headquarters building....400K sq feet total.

    ReplyDelete