Friday, July 20, 2012

What does this button do?


So this is an MRI machine?  I thought it was some kind of industrial-grade front load washing machine.
Whatever....this is what I'm going to stick my bod into this morning at 9:30.  This stupid pinched nerve (?) in my left upper back / left upper arm has become more than just a nuisance.  The "steroid pack" I was prescribed didn't work, so now they're bringing out the big hardware to find out what's going on in there.  Maybe it will turn out to be something like my friend Cranky Old Man had, maybe not.  Regardless, I just want it fixed.

This seems like one of those medical events that warrants an ice cream afterwards, don't you think?  *wink*

Happy weekend everyone.  ;)

S



10 comments:

  1. You get to pick dinner tonight also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did NOT enjoy my MRI experience at all - and I was in an open one, not a tube. But I think you're a little (lot) less phobic than I am so I'm sure that you're will go very well. Hope it shows them exactly what's wrong so they can fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The MRI is a piece of cake. Hope they find a simply solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I worked in the hospital when these frist were available. Some idiot decided to roll a patient in with an oxygen tank (Steel) and it flew across the room and took 4 men to retrieve it from the magnet...Damn powerful magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember Kauaii Finn and her love of the MRIs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Done. The MRI was nothing...piece of cake. The bad part was they had me lie with my already bum neck in an awkward position. My Doc will get the results on Monday, THEN maybe we can fix it once and for all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had one of those once and I had to fight my claustrophobia plus the godawful racket of those magnets. But now I have a pacemaker and can't go in the MRI tube anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also having a problem with my shoulder/back and I just ended up getting ten X-rays and a cortisone shot. Today a little better. Hope your problem resolves itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope whatever the MRI shows is easy to fix.

    And after being in a tube like that you deserve dinner, ice cream, AND a margarita.

    ReplyDelete