Sunday, August 19, 2012

A preview of Autumn?


Our weather here in Dallas yesterday was very un-August like, which was a good thing.  It was cloudy all day with a shower here and there, but by late afternoon the rain became steady.  The best part was the temperature...it was in the 80's most of the day, dropping like rock when the rain came.  We went out for dinner and found we could actually have used a jacket.  With the wet and the wind and the temp at 68 degrees, it felt great to this warm-blooded Texan.


Today it's sunny again, but the high is still expected to be only around 90, maybe less.   I'm going to Whole Foods today and pick us up a couple of nice steaks, and grill them this evening and serve them up with some big 'ol baked potatoes.  I'd have a hard time picking a "last meal" as there are a lot of things I love to eat, but a steak and a baked potato will always be my default fave.  Mmmmm....

Here's hoping you have a great day planned, too.

S

10 comments:

  1. Don't know why, but my favorite is bar-b-q chicken breast with the bone...baked potato...and of course corn on the cob.


    Enjoy the weather and the steak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, last year was so extreme. even here on the gulf coast I've notice a hint of fall here and there already. unusual for august.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an article of clothing with...umm...in colder weather you...oh, never mind. You wouldn't understand. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that wrong and thought you said you were picking out your last meal. I thought, "What the f*ck? Then I reread it. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. Though I love almost everything, steak and baked potato is what I have when SWMBO goes to her daughter's house to pet-sit. She's not fond of steak although I did master a pepper steak with a cream and brandy sauce that she will eat from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant go wrong with steak and taters, always a favorite of mine too, the weather has sure been unpredictable this season heres hoping the grilling doesn't get rained on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steve...no, I'm not checking out just yet.

    Bruce....I like LOTS of things, probably TOO many things.

    Jimmy....thanks for visitingy blog. Where abouts iin west Texas did you live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually lived in Odessa for about six years, used a lot of mesquite to grill with then< I do miss that.

      Delete
  8. Steady rain? I almost died in that storm! Rain was coming down so hard - all cars crawling at 5 mph - couldn't see my signs - took the wrong turn - took me 2 hours to get home.

    ReplyDelete