Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cars and Coffee, August, 2012

To beat the heat I was on the Cars and Coffee grounds (sorry  ;) at 07:00.  81 degrees with a slight breeze wasn't bad at all.  I was told there were over 1,000 cars there at one time (it's 'come and go').  I don't know if there was an actual theme or not, but there seemed to be a lot of these custom-built jobs...  (you can left click to enlarge any photo)




The owner told me it began life as a '47 Mercury.


Even the license plate was cool.  (It was trailered in so it didn't need a 'real' plate.)


How about this little wallflower?



I dunno what it is, but it drew a crowd!


Nose art with a Texas flair!


I have mixed thoughts on this new Ferrari FF.  Hmmmm...


I'm just a hopeless Maserati guy!  Ooooh yeah....


Our local Ferrari / Maserati / Mercedes dealer brought their sales "A-Team".


Don't worry K...I stopped payment on the check as soon as I got home  ;)


How about a Ferrari F40?...a REALLY hot car in it's day.


So who do you think had the idea first?  Lamborghini....


....or Smart?


I'm not into motorcycles, but if I were, THIS is where I'd hang!


Maybe a '40 Chrysler for Grandpa?


Or a '47 Buick?  The original Land Yacht?


A nice collection of both new and old Porsche's attended, like this '69 912.


How 'bout this SWEET Speedster!


Here's something unique....a Fisker Karma NOT on fire!




But getting real, something down in my price range...a Fiat 500 Abarth.  Beep...Beep!


And finally, a trivia question for you....Do you know what the humble Ford Falcon morphed into?  (Hint:  It's Lee Iaccoca's legacy.)

That's enough for this month.  Hope you enjoyed the pictorial tour.  ;)

S



4 comments:

  1. Lovely models. Especially the ones in the black mini-skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've said it before; I'd never want to own one of these cars because of the upkeep and financial responsibility, but they certainly are glorious examples of art and engineering and I can certainly appreciate them on that level. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Stephen on owning these cars (well, maybe except for the Fiat), but it's just so much fun to look at them at car shows!

    There's something about the Fiats that just makes me like them (and I have no idea if they are reliable, good-quality vehicles). Maybe it's those funny commercials...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good eye, Bruce! ;)

    Steve....Of course. They're giant money pits. Either you have to be an ace mechanic yourself, or be willing to fork over mega-$$$$ to hire a pro. I'll just stick with photographing them.

    Peeper...Fiat's have come a long way from the "Fix It Again, Tony" days. I'll be watching Consumer Reports the next couple of years to see how they hold up long-term.

    ReplyDelete