Monday, August 6, 2012

Entertainment at its finest

Is anyone out there besides me a fan of women's beach volleyball?  (Well DUH!  Dumb question Scott.  Any man who can still fog a mirror loves women's beach volleyball.)


Let me try again:  Have any of you been watching Misti May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh Jennings compete for the USA in the London Olympics?



If you have you've seen some incredible volleyball. I'll watch them win a set and think, WOW!  Can it get any better?  Then they go out and do again...only better.  They know what the other is thinking, what the other is going to do before they even do it.   Every sports team in the world ought to study them as an example of the value of absolute teamwork.  




Count me a big fan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting comment from a Brit in a man-on-the-street interview....with the gold medal count showing 30 for China, 28 for the USA, and 16 for Great Britain, he said, "Yes, but if you look at the number of medals based on population, we're waaaaay ahead."  Hmmm....I think he's right.  Good for 'em!

S



5 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying the olympics although oi wish the coverage for soccer was better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did watch the beach volleyball coverage last night and it was impressive. But Mrs. C. isn't getting enough of her horses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched very little this weekend - every time we turned it on it was something we weren't interested in. And last night we sat outside for a couple of hours & then came in & watched a documentary about the National Parks. Yes, I'm married to a historian :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to watch any of it though this post does tempt me to seek out the beach volleyball.

    And "Well done, U.K., jolly well done!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid that the last time I really followed the Olympics was when Olga Korbut inspired my awe and Mark Spitz made my heart flutter...

    ReplyDelete