To bring you up to speed, Big Tex was the huge talking statue that stood at the entry to the fair grounds for decades. He was dressed up in western duds (I always thought it was rather cheesy) and was revered by many. At last year's fair he caught fire, the motor that made his mouth move malfunctioning:
Looks like he had a rather serious crotch issue, too.
But all is right again. More money was raised and now the new Big Tex has been unveiled:
Gotta keep the rednecks happy!
I'm shocked! Absolutely shocked. New Jersey Senate candidate Corey Booker is in hot water because of Tweets he exchanged with a stripper at a vegan men's club.
This just boggles my mind....imagine, a vegan strip joint!
I honestly believe the Tea Party Republicans have suicidal tendencies. Yesterday their lackey, House Speaker John Boner, actually said, "We will refrain from deliberately sabotaging the global economy if President Obama:
1. Allows more drilling on Federal lands. (OK)
2. Drops regulations on greenhouse gasses (*GASP....WHEEZE* sure, we need more greenhouse gasses, right?)
3. Builds the Keystone XL pipeline. (Surely we can find a way to do it safely)
4. Stops paying for the Consumer Financial Protection Agency. (All for screwing the public, raise your hand *their Big Banker buddies really hate that one* )
5. Makes it harder to sue for medical malpractice (Fair enough)
6. Halts health care reform for a year. (Umm....why not just try reforming health care reform starting right now?)
This is an agenda for absolute disaster....for the Tea Party. Hmm....come to think of it, go ahead. Good riddance.
Happy weekend everyone. :)