Monday, September 16, 2013

Miscellany


I swear, when I parked next to this nice Aston Martin Vantage I thought I heard him say, "DOH!  I coulda had an Audi A3 Sportback."  (Five of 'em, actually :) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday evening I saw a flock of geese flying south in their classic V-formation.  WooHoo!  It's a good sign.  A VERY good sign.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I understand former Secretary of Treasury (under Bill Clinton) Larry Summers has taken his name out of consideration for Federal Reserve Chairman.  Good.  He and his little puppet buddy Tim Geithner (Obama's first Sec Treas) were most often seen scurrying around Washington licking the shoes of the Big Bankers.  Geithner has said "no thanks", too.

Summers in particular helped put in place the laissez-faire financial deregulation back in the '90's that gave us "derivatives" and credit swaps which later nearly bankrupted the whole world.  Put them permanently out to pasture ASAP, please.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Count on it.

S


5 comments:

  1. I should nominate myself for head of the Fed. It seems pretty easy. You just keep cutting interest rates and testify to the hypocrites in Congress a couple times a year. The rest of the time just put my feet up on the desk and collect a huge paycheck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they'll find someone who wants the job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my old phone it has no password, I'd just forget which finger I used for the print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first picture reminded me of a story that happened a long time ago, early 80's, during a time when gasoline had significantly gone up in price. My ex-husband and I had a cheap, small, fuel-efficient Toyota Tercel. One day, while getting gas, he pulled up next to a big gas-guzzling car with a hood that reached from here to Paris. The owner had been pumping gas for a while. My ex started to pump gas, and a few minutes/gallons/dollars later was done. He looked at the lady STILL pumping gas and said to her: "Wouldn't you rather have a Toyota?" She gave him a look that might have killed anyone less smart-aleck, and said: "Sure - put it in the trunk."

    ReplyDelete