Monday, September 2, 2013

Let the fun begin


I wonder which is worse?  This, or packing, moving, and then unpacking 10,000 boxes? 

We're moving in 10 days.  Fortunately it's just to the other side of our building, one floor higher.  Why?  Because it has a terrace with a view, "view" being a relative term.  It's also 150 sq ft +/- larger, but that's just incidental, and of course it costs more, but the wife wants a terrace, so.....  The good news is we can just load stuff on furniture dolly's and roll it, no boxing required.  

My final remaining life torment is going away today:  I have a HUGE Ethan Allen entertainment center that has found a new home as of this afternoon.  I'm convinced moving this monster last year is what gave me a herniated disc in my back.  Now it will be somebody else's problem pride and joy.  

It was beautiful in our previous home (with the 24' x 36' Great Room), and the gigantic old tube-type TV fit perfectly, but with flat screen TVs these days and the trend, at least for us, to downsize, it's become a dinosaur.  Prior to my last move my dread was what to do with my old, monster desk?  Fortunately at the 11th hour a fine gentleman with exquisite taste (or did he just have a screw loose?) stepped forward and bought it.  *whew*

We're slowly-but-surely getting back into fighting trim.  Excess stuff accumulated over the past several years has been disposed of, which should once again make our modest abode quite comfortable.  If I can just stand the clutter for the next 10 days.

Oh....and a Happy Labor Day to you all.  :)

S

13 comments:

  1. A terrace is very nice, enjoy!

    What a job moving that huge old house...how did they move the basement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They found 'em a sinkhole and parked it on top of it. ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm in a much smaller place now and I like it, mostly. The problem is that I haven't quite gotten rid of all the extraneous items yet, which I calculate will take about 10 years! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become clutter-phobic. I'm determined to keep things simple this time.

      Delete
  3. We have a nice terrace and spend a lot of time on it watching the world go by. I hope the move goes smoothly and you don't hurt yourself. Take care and Happy Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I couldn't interest you in my old entertainment center, with free shipping and assembly instructions included? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're an evil woman to even think of such a thing! *wink*

      Delete
  5. Having a deck was what made our last apartment livable - it was so small otherwise that we would have felt claustrophobic. We got rid of so much stuff when we moved from there, but we've accumulated a lot again too. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. K is the one who REALLY wants the terrace, but I must admit, with fall approaching I'm going to enjoy it, too. ;)

      Delete
  6. It's amazing how fast stuff accumulates...

    Have a nice and easy move to the new place. We'll get to see pics again, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new place sounds great and the joy of not even having to leave the building to make the move makes it all better. Watch your back.

    ReplyDelete