Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekend's ROCK!

My, how time flies when you're having fun. 


Today it's a cool, cloudy, very quiet early Sunday morning in 'da hood....


....but yesterday we took Luke the Wonder Dog to Clyde Warren Park in downtown Dallas, a first for him.


There were sights and sounds and smells (and tastes) he'd never experienced before.  I think he enjoyed himself.

We had a great selection of food trucks to choose from:  I ate off The Butcher's Son....2 brisket/jalapeno, 1 cluck fillet sliders....sorry, too good to stop and take pictures of, while K had a Ruben grilled cheese off another "roach coach".  (Not really, they're super clean!)  For the record, Luke preferred my brisket. 

We wore Luke out!  On the way home he curled up in K's lap and passed out.  Back home I gave him a bath as he was overdue anyway, plus being on the streets of downtown Dallas.... 

I even gave K a haircut (yes, another skill set on my resume) and sent her to the showers, too.  Then I hosed myself down also and settled in to an evening of college football.  :)

Today it's Starbucks for a coffee and a read, then a trip to *gulp* Toys R Us to do the grand-kidlette's Christmas shopping.  Better now than DECEMBER 10th, right?  I think there's a small art show somewhere, too.  I'll have to Sherlock Holmes that.

But my sacrifice will all be rewarded when this evening I'll grill us some beautiful prime steak fillets I purchased from David's Meats yesterday.  Good times!

S



6 comments:

  1. I wish i had your ability to find fun places and enjoy the weekends. I've got to get my ass out of this chair more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when the weather cools down enough you can enjoy the outdoors?

    We have our monthly food truck rally coming up, and this one will be the first one where we'll be able to taste the food without drips of sweat in it!

    Good for you on getting the Christmas shopping done now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! Except for the shopping - ESPECIALLY for toys I shop on the internet. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do enjoy my weekends!
    Cutting hair saves a lot of money. I trim my own but I'm afraid that may be obvious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the wonderful thing about being in the downtown city. Nice to see pooch enjoyed it also.

    ReplyDelete