Sunday, June 4, 2017

Ancestry DNA says I'm a mutt

Or at least that's what it will probably say.  But until I officially hear otherwise, I'm gonna hold out for a fairly wide/deep English/Scottish gene pool.  I received an update email from Ancestry on Friday telling me my DNA sample is now being processed.



Anticipating the good news, I broke out my linen English Ivy cap.


Then when I went to Central Market, I found a close parking spot....right next to this proud Brit's (rather over-the-top) Mini Cooper S.  Coincidence?  Or omen?


 Now to finish off my dream I just need to talk the Mrs into letting me get a classic English sports car for those lazy weekend drives.  Something like this, you think?

  
Or maybe something a bit more vintage?  Do they still have that $1,000 down, $1,000 a year financing plan, 'cause that's what I'd need.

Stay tuned for the Big Reveal.

S

Late edit:  But then again, if we're talking about Englishmen and their cool cars....


 Sure, why not?


7 comments:

  1. OMG...this is almost spooky. I just sealed the box that contains my spit for 23andMe. Going to put it in the mail tomorrow.

    I've got a ton of German chocolate in the pantry. Sign? Coincidence? Hehehe.

    I know my family history for many generations back (German churches are excellent record keepers), so I'm curious about anything beyond that. Like, how much Neanderthal DNA.

    Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My late sister did lots of genealogy research. Our family is mostly English and German but there was some other European bits mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just about to ask you about your results~ haha hoping for the best for you, but I know whatever it turns out to be, it will be the best because you are! Keep me updated! Maybe we're related!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula. I'm sure if you go back far enough we're definitely related. ;)

      Delete
  4. So, if (fill in the blank) hacks Ancestry they get your DNA? :^(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they want my spit they can come see me in person. ;)

      Delete