Friday, June 15, 2012

"Call me right now and get what you DESERVE!"


That was the pitch of the law firm spokesman on TV offering to sue whoever cut me off on I-35 so I can get "what I deserve".  The counselors at Begg, Barrow, and Steele will, for a not-so-small fee, hold up my foe by his ankles and shake out his pockets because, you know, I deserve satisfaction...and all his money.  And next came a home improvement store ad offering high-end fixtures at cheap prices so I can have the luxury lifestyle I deserve at a price I can afford.  WooHoo!


So what exactly do I deserve?  I'm hoping it's a Maserati or maybe a European vacation, but I've read the Magna Carta...er....Constitution (or was it Publisher's Clearing House?) and all it said I deserved was "Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness".  It said I could pursue a Maserati.  It didn't say I was going to catch it.  I think that's deceptive advertising.  I'm calling Begg, Barrow, and Steele RIGHT NOW!  


Ha!  Take that John Hancock.  ;)


S

5 comments:

  1. LOL - I think that if I actually got what I DESERVED I would be a very unhappy camper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve the friendship of Kim Kardashian. She just bought her boyfriend, Kanye West, a $350,000 Lamborghini for his birthday! But speaking of Kim and Kanye, better not tell your K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if having the friendship of Kim Kardashian would be a blessing or a curse. Maybe we could just be pen pals and she could surprise me with an oil change or a tire rotation. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd rather stick with my grumbling RAV 4 than be friends with Kim Kardashian. Besides, I hear those Lamborghinis get really hot inside and I'd need a can opener to get out of one. How's that for sour grapes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I deserve chocolate...lots of it, and the good kind, not the cheap Hershey crap that's now made in Mexico! Well, or at least the pursuit of it...

    ReplyDelete