Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cars & Coffee, June 2012

Per my ritual I met friends Neil and Ken this morning at 07:30 for our monthly Cars and Coffee.  Cars of interest this month:





Still my current favorite Lust-mobile....a Maserati GT.


And as always, if there's an Alfa Romeo there, it will be on my short list.




I'll need to do my homework on this one, but for now we'll just call it a vintage Ferrari....VERY well done!


Glow-in-the-dark-orange Lamborghini....for the narcissist in us all.


Something fun AND affordable....a Porsche 914


The classic Corvette of all time....a split window '63....the original Sting Ray.



I haven't seen an American Motors AMX in....well, I can't remember the last time.  Quite rare.


Concours quality '59 (?) Corvette.


My vote for "Best Sense of Humor".

Well done, Cars and Coffee organizers!




7 comments:

  1. I love the vintage car shows.

    I like the 59 vette the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent a link to your blog to a friend of mine in Southern California who loves cars. He'll enjoy it. I'm with you on the Maserati. Just once, lord. Just once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it about car shows...? When it comes to my own vehicle, I'm very practical, sensible, and frugal, but there is just something about cars in car shows that makes me drool all over my keyboard!

    I'll have one of each, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel hassle for looking a new car, buying house of even buy a pair of shoes because shops take so much searching time and I got confuse. So buying online is the easiest way in UK as more that 80% population has enabled internet in their houses. The best way to find a car is to get access to auction around your area. I had some experience with my last purchase and sharing with you. Car purchasing is a long term investment so need to be aware about few things. Search about what is going on car industry and what is your current status to buy one? All you need to care about is what is good time to buy? There are many auction websites having use car listings online. You can keep track for your need. After you find what you need settle appointments with auctioneer and then follow the track.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it must have been amazing to see all those cars in one place! Anyway, looking at that Ferrari, my best guess is it’s a Ferrari 365 GT 2+2. About 800 of these were made from 1967 to 1971, so it’s a pretty rare edition. I guess the owner is pretty proud to have that in his stable!

    ReplyDelete