Sunday, June 10, 2012

Score!

This morning K said she wanted some donuts.  As it's been years since we had any, I was all for it.  She said there is a place not far away called Kolache Heaven everyone raves about.  I found it, but all they have are kolaches.  When I was a kid we called 'em "pigs in a blanket".  They were nothing special then and they're still nothing special today.  There's a Dunkin Donuts not far away, but they make pretty crappy donuts IMO, plus now that Dallas Cowboy owner Jerry Jones has bought up all the DD franchises around here, that's just another reason to keep on driving.  


I was looking for a cop...no joke...to ask him where to get good donuts, but I couldn't find one.  I finally stumbled across a little hole-in-the-wall place in old downtown Frisco run by Orientals.  Not to sound racist, but if you want good donuts, find a donut place run by Orientals.  They make the BEST!  See....


7 comments:

  1. Everyone in my family, except me, works for our local police department. I can tell you from associating with cops that they do everything they can to avoid the cliche of being seen eating donuts. Bagels are the food of choice for cops these days. But you just can't beat a glazed old-fashioned chocolate donut. Darn it--you just ruined my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why, but I think you have to say "Asian" unless you are talking about carpets.

    I vote Krispy Kreem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Asian". OK, I'll remember that. We don't have a Crispy Creame anywhere near us, So I have just learned to seek out "Asian" owned/operated donut shops. ;)

    But Steve, cops can still eat donuts when they're off duty can't they? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I need to know if you and K ate all of the donuts in that box!

    I'm a fan of apple fritters myself. Recently a new donut place opened up just down the street from where I work. Their apple fritters are the size of a small dinner plate. Oh, do not lead me into temptation, I can find it all by myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. K saved half of hers ( the right side of the box) while I...well...had good intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't go into a donut shop unless I'm accompanied by an adult :-)

    ReplyDelete