Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Please, say it ain't so!

Did any of you watch the Westminster Kennel Club dog show last night?  It was the final evening of judging and when the big reveal finally came this was declared the grandest dog in all the land:


Really?  Really??  I know, "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and all that, but Jeez, that thing....it's technically a Pekingese....looks like a prop from a Star Wars movie.  Or maybe something from a Saturday Night Live skit:


Anyone remember Gilda Radner as "Roseanne Roseannadana"?  I think all that hair (on the dog) is to cover the wind-up key.  And to think they passed over some beautiful dogs like a Dalmatian, a Doberman Pinscher, and a regal looking Irish Setter that was my personal favorite.  The sole judge was a lady from Colorado.  I'm guessing she lives on a 14,000 ft high mountain, without oxygen.  Sorta makes K's Yorkie look rugged and manly, don'tcha think?

S


5 comments:

  1. I lost interest when neither of the Corgies were selected from the herding group. But that wiry dachshund that made it to the end was a cute little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY WIFE and I always watch the show, but this year I went to bed before Best In Show was chosen. I'm glad. My least favorite, every year, are the Pekinese and the French Poodles. Whenever either wins, I feel like throwing stuff at the TV. I usually root for something from the sporting group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was disappointed when a Schnauzer didn't make the finals, but of those left I prefered the Irish Setter or the Dalmatian. Really, there were several other beautiful dogs I liked, too, but a Pekingese? UGH!!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Especially one with a blown-out hairdo. We usually watch the show, even though we're cat people, but somehow missed it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Copper shares your concerns, and we have blogged about it.

    fin

    ReplyDelete