Friday, February 3, 2012

There's a football game this weekend? Really?

Outside of the northeast, does anyone care about the Super Bowl this weekend?  I'm sure the fans in NY and Boston are going nuts, this being their dream matchup, but for the rest of the country it's just an excuse to eat football food for the last time this season and watch some (hopefully) funny/sexy commercials.  Oh, and what's her name?....Madonna.  (I think that's when I'll go to the bathroom.  Yes, my time is that strictly planned during the Super Bowl.)  Today I'm going to the grocery store to buy the ingredients K says she'll need for her smorgasbord.  


We're expecting some strong storms to come through north Texas this afternoon/evening bringing more rain (hey, I'm not complaining....we need it) and strong winds, and maybe even some hail, too.  I have a huge fear of hail.  Not physical fear, but fear of having to deal with the damage after it passes.  It tears up roofs and cars, necessitating dealing with the dreaded insurance company.  *ack*  I think I'd rather have a chest wax.  (Remember Steve Carell in the 40 Year Old Virgin?  OUCH!)


The new pooch is doing well.  He likes his food, plays 100 mph, then conks out and sleeps for 2 hours.  He's a daredevil, lemme tell you!  He jumps from couch to ottoman to dog bed, back and forth like a Ringling Bros acrobat.  It's hilarious!


Just got an AP news text....employers added 243,000 jobs last month, pushing unemployment down to 8.3%.  Excellent!


Y'all have a great Friday.  Let the weekend begin! :)


S

9 comments:

  1. I'm not much of a sports fan but in 2008 Mrs. Chatterbox and I had my folks over for a little Super Bowl party. Dad had such a great time, he even called me from home after the game to tell me what a good time he'd had. The next morning he was found dead in his chair. He'd died of a massive heart attack. Now I watch the Super Bowl to honor him and to remember how happy he was the last time I saw him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh...what a bittersweet story. At least he left this world happy, remembering his fun time with you and Mrs. C.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that IS a bittersweet story Stephen!

    It's funny, Dr. M played football in high school, but for the majority of our marriage he has just not wanted to watch it - all he can see is shortened lives & injuries. Takes the fun right out of the game for him. I don't care one way or the other (well, I don't want to see injuries!). We do usually watch the Superbowl & then I forget that I'm supposed to be watching the commercials & have to catch up on the internet later - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the northeast, we would be even more interested if the Ravens hadn't messed up! I am going to try not to think of you when Madonna comes on!
    The news of your puppy is sweet to read. They have a way of bringing utter joy into a home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how my name got switched to NoWay instead of Justfly. I don't remember changing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read your previous posts. OMG-Luke is adorable! Congratulations on your new addition to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd forgotten about the Superbowl being this weekend. I was fortunate that I got to attend the after party when NY won the SB when it was here in AZ. My ex played ball with the GM when they were in high school, and they're from a very small town, so it was a big deal. It was fun.

    This weekend I'll probably catch the game somewhere. Ugh. Maybe. You two have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and Luke is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I heard about the super bowl but am not interested either.

    ReplyDelete