Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter arrives this evening at 6....

....and will be gone by noon tomorrow. I'm not joking.  That's likely to be all the winter we have this year in Dallas.  By tonight it will begin to rain, sleet, and snow.  No accumulation is expected, however, as the temp overnight isn't expected to drop below freezing.  High tomorrow, 47.  Mid 60's by Wednesday.  Now my concern is if it's this warm during the "winter", how hot is it going to be during the "summer"?

Here's my plan:  Y'all stop driving.  Ride bikes or skateboards instead.  And start giving all the cows Bean-O.  Between you people driving and the cows farting you're screwing up the atmosphere.  Is a couple inches of snow and maybe a few pitiful snowmen too much to ask for?  I WANT MY WINTER BACK, DAMMIT!

S

6 comments:

  1. I wish I was in a position to give it back to you. If I could I would.I try to enjoy the seasons as they come since there isn't anything I can do about it. Yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to help you out with that, but at the moment, driving is my lifeblood! Without it, I might as well pack my bags - well give them away cause' there ain't no 20 foot containers available underneath bridges that last time I looked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Ben, you get a pass. Man's gotta work. But the rest of you....start walking. :)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snow! Wow. That is pretty dramatic. Still chilly here but bright and sunny today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it OK if we drive a little itty bitty car like the Honda Fit?

    We have winter tonight, too - "hard freeze expected" (that's Floridian for 28º) - and by Wednesday, we'll be in the 80's again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know we haven't had enough snow for a snowman even here in Ohio!

    Yes, I constantly feel guilty about the 80 miles I drive every day (and the 70 my husband drives in the other direction). As you might have guessed, we located ourselves in between our two jobs. If I can ever find something comparable up where he teaches I'll gladly switch to a bicycle!

    ReplyDelete