Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another day, another dollar


This is a home we built last year for a prominent local attorney and his family.  He's called us back to build a 2500-3000 square foot addition....the final plans are at the architect's now.  Looks like I'll be doing the structural parts soon, then turning it over to bro for the pretty parts.  While I am "retired", the extra coins are appreciated.   Still going in late and leaving early, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The storms we had around here last week have really stirred up the pollen....I spent the holiday sneezing. I mean hundreds of times, one right after another.  And when I sneeze, I rattle windows.  There's nothing discreet about my sneezes.  How do people make those little tiny "ah choo's"?  

I think my poor dog is shell shocked.  He'd get nice and comfy on my ottoman right next to me, then I'd get hit by a dozen or so sneezes, and he'd jump straight up and run under the coffee table.  I imagine this is how school kids looked back in the '50's and '60's during those atomic bomb drills when we ducked under our desks.  All better today, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard on the news the Commie Chinese have gotten into the computers at our major defense contractors and stolen all the good stuff....plans of our newest defense hardware.  Grrr!  

I wanna know why we haven't gotten into THEIR computer systems and just scrambled the hell out of 'em?  Or how about leaving them with nothing besides Windows?  They'll spend all their time rebooting and calling the Geek Squad.  Haha!

Hope you had a nice holiday, or if you're outside the US, a nice weekend.  :)

S



11 comments:

  1. I think you need to put a semi in front of that retired thing...unless you still enjoy doing that building thing, then you can still call it retirement...3000 sq ft ADDITION! Damn, that is one successful lawyer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does patent and copyright and family law. Must be doing well for sure. And yeah, SEMI-retired is more accurate. I do enjoy the challenge of getting a project up and running, but to immerse myself in it for 10+ months....no thanks. That's where the "retired" part kicks in.

      Delete
  2. Maybe the Pentagon should contract Anonymous to launch some cyberattacks on China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A three thousand sq. ft. addition? This house looks plenty big as it is. How much space do these people need? Do they have tons of children or just tons of ego?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 kids. I guess they could still hear 'em on the other end of the house. Their solution....more house. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the addition is 2500-3000 square foot, their house must be large enough to house the entire population of a third-world country!

    Not that I oppose that - as long as they can afford it, go for it! Building stuff like that, maintaining it, cleaning it, etc. is what gives people jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Peeper,and one of those jobs is mine. I personally wouldn't want the upkeep.

      Delete
  6. Just finished reading one of the more recent Tom Clancy books...Threat Vector about chicom cyberwarfare. Very timely it was, too. f

    ReplyDelete
  7. That house looks enormous as it is, and he's building an addition?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a dainty sneezer either. Mike once found me in a store by my sneeze :)

    ReplyDelete