Thursday, January 20, 2011

Punxsutawney Phil has competition

Punxsutawney Phil, the little Pennsylvania critter that gets his yearly 15 minutes of fame every Groundhog Day, has new competition as a weatherguesser. ME! I've arranged for a few days off work due to our company "use it or lose it" vacation policy, and wouldn't you know it, I woke up on my first day of vacation to find gale force winds and pouring rain. And if the rain doesn't let up soon, by this afternoon when the temps will fall to the mid-20's, rush hour will be a slip-n-slide nightmare. I'm gonna get my planned running around done early before all hell breaks loose.

Unfortunately K doesn't have that luxury. Her dad is having his hip repair surgery this afternoon and she had already told the family she would be there. I have an appointment I must honor at my other (homebuilding) job, so I can't go with her. I don't know who has it worse...her driving in it or me here worrying about her driving in it.

When she gets home, however, she'll have a new toy to play with. Her slicer/dicer thing, aka a "food processor", arrived yesterday. It looks like a blender on steroids. She's promised me world-class salsa. Review to follow.

Hope y'all have a dry day. And if you ever want to screw up someone's weather, just buy me a plane ticket there and my black cloud will automatically follow.

S

2 comments:

  1. Ahh so your superpower is ruining the weather? Yikes.

    My superpower is making everyone invisible in a restaurant while trying to get service and/or seated...Damn annoying as it extends to EVERYONE in my party.

    Hope the surgery goes well. As for the Salsa I hope you get it sooner than later.

    Cheers buddy,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...she'll have a new toy to play with. Her slicer/dicer thing, aka a "food processor"...

    My wife has something similar, it so complex and big its almost scary. I somehow see a serial killer using one to get rid of the victims.

    ReplyDelete