Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Now I know what you're thinking...."Scott, you moron, Valentine's Day isn't until the 14th.  Today is just the 10th."

No, I'm not numerically challenged, but I am going back to the doctor's tomorrow morning for a little procedure to remove some scar tissue left over from my little skin cancer episode of last November. That was supposed to have been no big deal, almost a drive-thru slice 'n dice, but I came out looking something like this:



He claimed the "little incision" on the bridge of my nose and his new Bentley parked out front still wearing a dealer tag was just a coincidence, but I'm not quite so sure.  I'm not taking any chances this time.  In the event his wife has her eye on a new Jag and I'm tapped to be their family Sugar Daddy again, I'm not gonna miss Valentine's.  I'm gonna celebrate it tonight with the Missus and a nice steak dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've always enjoyed Valentine's.  In fact, I started what became a minor floral revolution at Texas Tech when I was a student there.  While most of my male classmates had the thoughtful originality of an empty beer bottle, I came up with something that I thought might impress my girlfriend and maybe even earn me some Bonus Points I could redeem at Dana's Pleasure Palace.

Here's what I did:  On the morning of the 14th florist's trucks from all over town were parked out front of the girl's dorms delivering red roses.  One lucky lady received from yours truly here a dozen yellow roses.  

The guys were razzing me something fierce for my stupid sophomoric stunt (except they weren't smart enough to think of the word "sophomoric")....until their girlfriends shut 'em down saying "if you really loved me you would have bought me something besides the same 'ol red roses every other girl got."  

The next Valentine's Day red roses were going begging....everybody wanted yellow ones.  Heehee!

Let me be the first to wish all of you a Happy Valentine's Day 2013.  *Good luck guys, ladies*  ;)

S


10 comments:

  1. Is that where the song came from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the "Yellow Rose of Texas"? Ummm....sure, let's go with that. ;)

      S

      Delete
  2. My first thought was Your name is Scott? I had no idea actually. And I learned something.

    Now would have happened if you'd sent black roses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black roses? I dunno. They might have thought that was kinky. Hmmmm.... :)

      S

      Delete
  3. I would have thought yellow roses would anger a girlfriend on Valentine's Day because it's RED roses that say "I love you." But then what do I know? I've only had one woman in my life for forty years. Hmnnn... Yellow roses you say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were too unsophisticated back then to know that different color roses had different sentiments. We thought Boone's Farm was an excellent choice to accompany beef, fish, OR Taco Bell....just a good all-around wine. :)
      S

      Delete
  4. You might be on to something, after all, it is "Yellow, yellow, kiss a fellow."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now MY guy sent me tulips for Valentine's day. Once about 10 years ago :)

    Hope your procedure goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, thanks for reminding me. I clean forgot about V day until just this moment.

    ReplyDelete