Thursday, December 5, 2013

To some, this is a dream job...

I think if I were a drunk I'd be making my way to Amsterdam.  That city has initiated a new program aimed at their alcoholic citizens;  they've put them to work as street cleaners, and are paying them at least partially in beer.



Street cleaners taking a break from their city jobs.

Talk about job security!  They're paid in beer, they drink it, throw their empties in the gutter, then the next day are paid to clean up all the beer cans in the gutter, and are paid in beer.  Then they drink the beer, throw the empties....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now I have yet another reason to NOT shop at Victoria's Secret (besides the fact they never have my size)....they discriminate against men.  It seems they're quick to tell their women shoppers of any sales in progress, but never mention them to men shopping there.  They say men are usually uncomfortable being seen there at all and will willingly pay the posted price just to complete the transaction and get out the door.

So, guys, the next time you're in Victoria's Secret buying some new duds for your latex girlfriend, haggle like you were buying a used car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll believe it when I see it:  They say a big ice storm is headed our way here in North Texas.  Yeah, yeah.  I've heard that before, like just last week.  It's definitely cold out there, but let's be honest, this isn't exacrtly the frozen tundra.  (It was 78 yesterday.)  So maybe I'll be cutting donuts in the empty mall parking lot tomorrow, and maybe I won't.  We'll see.  :)

S


12 comments:

  1. There's a great idea for Detroit. Get them off the corners at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but then wouldn't you have the world's dullest street corners?

      Delete
  2. Do they get Scotch for overtime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they'll serve up some good single malt I'LL pick up garbage in the gutters. :)

      Delete
  3. I've been to Amsterdam several times and I do admire that city's out-of-the-box philosophy on governance and city management. It's no wonder the Pilgrims first traveled to Amsterdam before heading to the New World. As for Victoria's Secrets---this is a secret that's not so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never been to Amsterdam....YET! It's on my short list, though.

      Delete
  4. There must be a long line for those jobs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're supposed to get a gazillion inches of snow - but it's my boss's last day of work so I'll be slogging down to Cincinnati. Hopefully they're exaggerating :)

    Oh, and this is TMI I know, but my last Victoria's Secret bra just broke on my way home from work. What the heck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm....on that VS bra....are you sure you sized it right? *wink* And do be super careful on the snow/ice tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. Holy cow! You made me laugh out loud twice! Better than your usual screeds, Scotty, my man.

    ReplyDelete