Monday, October 31, 2011

Anything for a buck (almost)

They're baaaaaaack!  Early Saturday I took the dog out for her morning dootie call and found...you guessed it...yet another 5K run being set up, complete with circus tents in the streets, loudspeakers, balloon arches, sponsor tables, and street barricades.  And a few thousand runners milling about.  I need to find a way to capitalize on all these people invading my neighborhood every other weekend.  Maybe I could sell them "Miracle Quick-Energy Bars" that I doubt many of these skinny-minnies have ever heard of....they're more commonly known as Snickers.  (It's all about the marketing.  ;)


I really hated going to work yesterday as the weather was absolutely perfect.  I would have loved to have done something fun outside instead, but I'm glad I went as I met a promising client who might want to build a new custom home.  I'm meeting them again Tuesday afternoon to provide them with some more specific info I think might help persuade them.  *Fingers crossed*  Back home later, dinner of barbecued spare ribs made me forget about having to work all afternoon.


And finally....I actually have a great deal of sympathy for some of the Occupy Wall Street grievances, specifically the one's about dislodging the banker's grip from around Congress' neck and getting our economy going again and creating jobs.  Unfortunately, many people think the protesters are just a bunch of wackos and dismiss them out of hand.  I don't think this lady, for one, is helping their image:



She needs to learn to say, "Would you like fries with that, sir?"

Have a great week, everyone.

S
  

2 comments:

  1. The picture of the woman holding up that sign really made me laugh this morning. Thanks for that! I have a few friends who are runners but I'm not designed for running and the people I see doing it always put me off with their agonized expressions. This is a rational for my inactivity, of course, but it's all I've got. Happy Halloween. Also, I love your blog and look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, Stephen. That photo tickled me, too. I'm not a runner either as my knees aren't 100% and I don't want to risk making them worse. I do walk a couple of miles a day, however.

    S

    ReplyDelete