Monday, October 3, 2011

So where does all the money go?


With the general inflation rate in the low single digits, how come health insurance premiums are up 9% just this year?  In anticipation of O'bama Care?  

Must be nice!  I can't price in now the ill effects of the inflation I know is coming in a few years on building materials.  Competition won't allow me to.  Wages and salaries surely haven't gone up much as people are scared of getting a pink slip for even thinking of asking for a pay raise.

So why have health care costs gone up so much?  The doctors and nurses and insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies and hospitals and malpractice sharks, etc all point somewhere else.  "Not me!" they proclaim.  

All I know is I'm getting royally screwed and I'm still waiting for my kiss.  I've long since given up on the dinner and the movie.  ;)

S

1 comment:

  1. Yep. That is exactly what they are doing. Meanwhile - we are trying to figure out ways to pull off what we are doing in hospitals for 15% less over the next three years.

    ReplyDelete