Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bazinga!

Craig's List came through for me again.  Yesterday evening I delivered to the new owner a beautiful framed signed/numbered print that used to hang over our fireplace, but for the past 2+ years has been leaning against the wall in our spare bedroom collecting dust.  We're slowly-but-surely disposing of stuff that we don't use so that when the day comes that we can move, hopefully to Colorado, moving will be a breeze and we can comfortably fit into a smaller, less expensive abode.  Read:  more money for fun activities/travels.  Fortunately I/we don't have much sentimental attachment to our "stuff", so letting it go isn't that difficult.


Speaking of Colorado, I see the first snow of the season has arrived in Denver.  That same storm will be arriving here in north Texas today, except in the form of 50 degree temps and rain.  I'm ready....let 'er rip.  Things here will be back to 70 and sunny by the weekend.  :)


In the news I see the too-big-to-fail European banks got a rude awakening.  They're being forced to write off half the value of the loans they made to Greece.  Looks like their greed bit 'em in the butt.  Whatever happened to prudent lending?  They should have known better.


Did you see where two members of the Italian Parliament got into a fistfight while "debating" the necessity of raising the retirement age to 67?  One accused the other's wife of retiring with a full pension at the ripe old age of 39, saying that's what's wrong with the system now.  Thirty nine?   Mama Mia!


S

4 comments:

  1. The entitlement system of Europe was destined to fail from the start. Why we wanted to copy that system is beyond me.

    Now when it comes to Health Care the Japanese society has as close to a perfect system as I have ever seen.

    I use CL all the time to buy/sell/trade musical equipment, rent my houses and sell odds and ends. Works pretty well although I like Ebay to maximize the value of some things I sell that can't be maximized in Southeastern VA....

    Cheers Buddy. I hope you all eventually make it to Colorado. I can't wrap my head around the thought BUT I understand it is a beautiful place once you are dialed into the area.

    Put me by the water and I'll be fine however. I took a walk on the beach at sunrise this morning with my dog.

    I can't live anywhere else. Kinda sad in one way and a relief in another that I know my place on this earth. Perhaps I need to broaden my horizons.

    Cheers,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of CL!!! Good planning now too with getting rid of items you don't want/need. Sure makes a move easier.

    This is a crazy world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lowandslow:

    I've just discoverered your blog and I'm enjoying it a great deal. I'll be back for more. By the way, my wife thinks I retired at thirty-nine! Bazinga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stephen. Thanks for visiting. Please come see me when you can, and I'll visit your blog, too.

    S

    ReplyDelete