Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sleep? I don't need no stinkin' sleep.

Actually I would like some sleep, but thanks to the big construction project underway just to my south I can't get any.  I've been watching them for months build the humongous parking garage at the center of the project, and now they're building all the (4-story) buildings surrounding it. 



And yes, they were hard at it this morning at 07:00.  What's most annoying are the giant fork-lifts (that reach 4 stories high) driving back and forth right outside my window delivering materials.  This will be a mixed-use commercial/residential block, and I'm hoping there will be a coffee shop or maybe a nice place specializing in the preparation and serving of adult beverages.

Fortunately the day will end with a fun event....we're going to my brother's house where my daughters (and families) are grilling out for us all for my birthday get-together.  The kids can swim in the ce-ment pond while the adults can over-eat and reminisce about how cool we were before the days when we had to consciously suck in our guts when we stepped out in public.

AWKWARD:  I just saw Bobbie Wygant, the local NBC station's movie reviewer, interviewing The Candidates' Will Ferrell and Zack Galifianakis.  Bless her heart, she's just not the person to be reviewing this movie.  Imagine getting a guided tour of a "gentleman's club" from your grandmother.  Umm....no.

Hope you enjoy your weekend,

S



6 comments:

  1. Does the noise keep you awake, or isit your "Builders" curiosity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both. I'm usually up well before they start in the morning, but on Saturday's I like to sleep in, and their noise is a bother. Otherwise, though, I enjoy watching them, especially when they had the tall crane working on the parking garage. Oh well. That's "progress".

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been curious about "The Candidates." It looks like a funny movie but Will Ferrell pics are so uneven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what you get for all your years in the construction industry! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have a house project being built next to my (new) home. It is the most horrible contruction site I have experienced! Noise all day, cutting tile, stone, etc. plus a bulldozer bringing rocks and stones from one end of the lot to another. We and other neighbors have complained to the authorities many times but nothing happens.... we think that "money is no issue" with the owners and they get their way. I've only had to "suffer" it for a few weeks, my new partner has had to suffered for the past 1.5 years!! They tore down the original house and built a new one.... taking out lots of old trees while at it. Maybe I'll get some pictures up for you! lol

    ReplyDelete