Sunday, August 5, 2012

Making reservations for the 2024 Olympic Games

I hope they hold the 2024 Games somewhere cool* as I'll be there cheering on my grandson.  And by cool I mean "cool" as in "not hot".  By then I'll be older than dirt and I don't want to pay big bucks to travel half way around the world to sit there and sweat.  I can stay in Dallas and sweat for free!


Today my daughter sent me pictures of her son intently mimicking every Olympic event he sees on TV:



Volleyball...


tennis...


even fencing.

And yes, he does live in the back of Toys R Us, thank you for asking.

Maybe by then they'll bring back baseball as an Olympic event.  Right now at 3-years-old the little Slugger can hit a (plastic) baseball over the house.  And with a trampoline in his back yard, that's a possibility, too.


Move over Shaun White.  Make room for the new Olympic cereal stud.  ;)

S

*A quick check with the Weather Channel shows that today in Stockholm, Sweden (which coincidentally is the home of the Swedish Bikini Team) it will reach a high of 72 degrees.  72 in August....I could handle that.  Just sayin'.  ;)




10 comments:

  1. What a cute little guy- He is definitely enjoying the olympics :)

    And our high today was 70- Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.Cool. The truth is that he does pick up sport-related activities so quickly that who knows what sport he could end up in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three is kinda old, he better pick a sport soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - he's a cutie :) And you're still a nut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bug...yes I am. It's a gift. ;)

    Joe...you're right. Enough fun and games. We need sports agents and endorsement contracts.

    K...Well, we know he doesn't get it from me!

    Lori...Could I pitch a tent in your back for the summer months? I'll be very quiet, I promise. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought by 2024 you'd be living in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bruce...if you're gonna dream, dream BIG, right? ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your grandson definitely shows talent! You might want to line up some big-name endorsements.

    I keep waiting to hit that age where people are always too cold. Like my in-laws, who want to turn on the heat once the temperature falls below 70º.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe grandpa should teach him how to ski, then you could watch in a cool climate.

    ReplyDelete