Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cars and Coffee, January, 2013

It was an on again, off again, and finally on again decision on whether to go to Cars and Coffee this morning.  The bugaboo....it was 38 degrees with a wind chill well below freezing.  Brrrrr!  Still, the possibility of seeing something new and unique overrode good sense.  (Haha!  Like I have an abundance of good sense anyway.)

Attendance was about 40% of normal.  Still there were some interesting sights there.  What I noticed was the hard core petrolheads seemed to be those with BMW's, Lotus's (Lotii?), VW's, Italian exotica, and hot rods.


A nice BWW Z4M.


How about a Ferrari 458 Italia Spyder, aka "Mid-Life Crisis"?


I personally prefer the more gentlemanly Ferrari 599.



Yes Virginia, you can put lipstick on a pig...er...Bug.

And of course there were an assortment of the eccentric, odd, and just plain weird:


A Citroen SM.   It's French, which makes it all three...eccentric, odd, and just plain weird.  (But a classic nonetheless.)



The hot rod guys always do such a nice job.  This one was very understated, but wore it well.


Oh, and the boy racers were there in force, too.  This Ford Focus ST was very nicely accessorized, actually.  Nice job dude!


But you know me....there's got to be something British in here somewhere, like this Morgan...


...or this mint Austin Healey 3000.



You VIL drink ze Red Bull!  Ja?


For a moment there I thought I must have been the 50,000th visitor and won this Jag!  Park Place Motorcars, Park Place Custom Homes....close enough, right?

Sorry the picture quality isn't the best, but with the first photo I tried to take my camera battery said, "I don't think so."  All I had was my phone camera.  You do what you have to do.

Maybe next month the weather will be more cooperative and we'll have more cars to look at.  Hope you enjoyed...  ;)

S


14 comments:

  1. My buddy had an Austin Healey 3000...What a babe magnet, but there was no room for the babes...still loved that ride. I had the VW, which had some room for the babes, but it (and I) seemed to repel them.

    THanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the Citroen, Cranky? Any French exchange babes where you went to school?

      Delete
  2. Happy to have discovered your excellent blog. We'll return often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, Geezers. You're welcome here anytime. :)

      Delete
  3. Those are some cool cars. I love how you people in Texas complain about the cold. In Michigan if it's 38 degrees that's shorts weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh...but the flip side, PT is in the summer. I've been up north in August when the temps were in the upper 80's and the locals are dropping like flies. ;)

      Delete
  4. Actually, I'm allergic to lipstick :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that last one would have been a great company car. Well, probably not so great for transporting tools and drywall and such.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a truck for that nasty stuff Peeper. This would just be my Saturday cruisin' ride. ;)

      Delete
  6. I like the Morgan. SWMBO's favorite car was the Austin Healy. She drove one for awhile before I met her. (It wasn't hers. Belonged to a rich girlfriend.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Couldn't help but smile at that bug. So many fond memories of my own bug during my college years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice.I love the VW Bug.Always loved the Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello this is kinda of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you
    have to manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!

    my web-site - view homepage

    ReplyDelete