Friday, June 17, 2011

An afternoon with Sluggo

Today I stopped by to visit with my daughter Erica and my grandson Parker....aka Sluggo.  This kid LOVES baseball...and football, and soccer, and basketball, and just being outside.  Today he wanted to play baseball, so we went out into the yard and he blew me away!  The little guy can actually hit the ball.  I can pitch 'em high, low, fast, slow, it doesn't matter.  He can judge them and connect.   The kid's amazing.  And he only 2! 


At what age do you think it's appropriate to get a sports agent for him?  Haha!

Otherwise today was spent playing referee between dueling subcontractors, trying to make sense of what the new building inspector wants (he contradicts himself), and dropping off/picking up the dog from the groomer.  I still managed to get home before K, so I'm doing a few household chores so she (and I) will have a completely free weekend.  

This weekend we'll be doing our homework researching things to see and do in/around Aspen so we can make the most of our limited time there next week. Can any of you who've been there make any suggestions? I'm sure a lot has changed since I was last there 20+ years ago.

Have a great weekend everyone.  Stay cool.  :)

S

7 comments:

  1. Oh - any chance you could stop by and do a few household chores here? I'd appreciate a completely free weekend, too!

    Cute grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha Peeper. I'll be on the 9:45 Greyhound to FL and I'll make you Queen For a Day. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your rejoinders on Joan Perry's blog. Decided I'd like an invitation, too, to go to Aspen to partake of your incredible generosity. I skied there too long ago to give any useful hints. Plus I'm at an age where memory slips away rather rapidly!

    Your grandson is a real slugger. Keep tossing those balls to him, granddad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time I was in Aspen was 1987, so its probably tripled in size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate...it's nice to meet you. Sure, come along. We'll just take over the town and do it up right. :)

    Bum...It's still a year-round small town, but I imagine they have lots more to do since you and I were there last. I'll give you a report when I get back.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that is so cool. Keep him going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that little Slugger is soooo cute! great picture!

    ReplyDelete