Saturday, June 4, 2011

If the van's a rockin'.....


.....don't come a knockin'.

Today was Cars and Coffee and of course I was there bright and early.  There were lots of cars as usual, but there were very few that I hadn't seen before.  I was mildly disappointed.  :(

Somebody had the bright idea that it would be cool to pimp a $500,000 Mercedes McLaren SLR:


There were Cadillacs there that were just as outlandish.  Who lowers and pimps a Cadillac?  (Oh, I forgot...the Dallas Felons are on strike.  Now I know what they're doing with all their strike/lockout time.)


While I'm not that impressed with new Camaro's as a rule, I must admit this one had a dynamite paint job.  (Click any picture to enlarge.)  Five bucks says it's never seen a Walmart parking lot.  



I'm more partial to classic understated elegance, like this 1965 Porsche 356.  If it were for sale, and if I had a few spare coins, I'd love to have it.  Isn't she a beaut?  (Yes, she....female.  Only females can be "beauts".)



Or maybe this Jaguar E-Type.  Has there ever been a car more beautiful?

Tonight K and I are going to the Angelika to see Carla Bruni and her supporting cast in Midnight in Paris.  I'll have a review for you sometime later.  

Hope you're staying cool and having fun this weekend.

Regards,

S

2 comments:

  1. Dude that VW van is awesome! As a kid I wanted one of those vans that had the popup tent-like section on the roof. I still imagine wander the back roads of the country in one of those things but gas prices makes that impossible now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have that VW van. The Jaguar E-Type was called the greatest crumpet catcher known to man. It was also said that a woman in a short skirt could not possibly enter or exit one of those cars gracefully.

    ReplyDelete