Thursday, June 2, 2011

To the rescue

Today while my brother was at one of our jobsites he noticed a small bird had flown down one of the chimneys and was trapped in the firebox.  (There is a glass screen over the face of the firebox.)  He tried but was unable to get the glass door open to let the bird out, so he just left it there. 


Frankly, bro isn't very mechanically inclined, so I drove all the way out there myself, about 30 miles round trip, to see if I could do something to save the little bird.  I guess I'm just a softie.  I found the 4 clamps that held the door on and it popped right off, and with a little coaxing the bird found the windows I had left open for it. 


Have you seen the commercial where the guy swerves to miss a beaver on the road, then some time later the same beaver drops a tree on the road in front of the same guy, preventing him from driving off into the swollen river?  I wonder if little birds have similar karma, or if that's just reserved for mammals with provocative names?


S

4 comments:

  1. Sweet story. It was the little birds lucky day to run into you.

    I spotted a lizard in my house as I was about to go to work yesterday. It must have slipped under the door. I had to leave the window open hoping he would find his way out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute story. I try to coax flies out the window instead of swatting them, but if they don't follow my orders.... wham! they're gonners! oooops

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!!

    Birds might not have the same empathy as the beaver in the commercial, freed a pigeon once stuck inside a glass foyer and the next day his brothers and sisters "bombed" my car if you get my meaning.

    ReplyDelete