Tuesday, June 21, 2011

One issue resolved, and another pops up....

Yesterday's situation (see previous post) with the obstinate building inspector has been resolved.  He reviewed the info I brought him and agreed I was doing things per code.  He did want one more bit of documentation, which he admitted was a simple CYA (Cover Your Ass) exercise on his part.  It just never ends!  This is why I have so little use for bureaucrats.... except those whose names start with "D" and end in "orrie".  *wink*


Seriously, when I hear city managers whining about budget shortfalls, and how are they ever going to make ends meet, boohoohoo, I have very little sympathy for them.  I honestly believe we could reduce the size of government by 25% or more and not miss a beat, that's how much dead wood there is.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Now my new, more personal issue:  Last week our apartment management sent crews around to enter our apartments and change our smoke detector batteries.  (Told ya I don't lift a finger here :)  When K came home mid-afternoon for her lunch and to let the dog out she found the dog IN THE BATHTUB! That was apparently their way of getting her out of their way.  How long was she there?...10 minutes?...3 hours? Why did they leave her in there when they were through?  She went to the office to complain, and when I got home later I went and complained, too.  They promised it would never happen again.


This week they notified us they were sending crews around to freshen the paint on our exterior doors, and that if we would prefer to be there to call and set up an appointment.  Remembering the stink from the week before, I made an appointment for 4 PM today.  I got home well before 4 and our housekeeper told me some maintenance guy just let himself in an hour earlier and she shooed him away.  


Back to the office I went to complain.  "Does an appointment mean nothing to you people?  I can't lock my dog up...she doesn't even have a crate.  That's why I prefer to be there."  Then the manager told me she confronted the employee  involved in the dog-in-the-bathtub incident (borrowed from a sister complex elsewhere), and he denied everything.  I told her HE LIED, that my dog literally could not jump into a bathtub.  She's too old and too small.


I will not tolerate a liar.  No more Mr. Nice Guy here.  I'm writing to the parent company and complaining, and if he gets fired, then my position is he fired himself by his actions and his lying.


Rant over.


S

3 comments:

  1. Our Special Needs dawg climbs into the bathtub when he wants a drink (out of the faucet, of course). He does not 'do' drinking dishes...only drinks out of faucets or the garden hose. BG thinks he needs a fountain, and she may have a point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would NEVER let anyone in my apartment in my absence! Either my daughter or a neighbor must be there if I can't. Heck, they could steal something and you don't discover it until it's too late. I even took a day off to let the chimney sweep in.... yep, we have those still! heehee (and no, I didn't take pictures, darn... and they were too cuties, too).

    ReplyDelete
  3. fin, that's just like my cat, Shila! Her water bowl never gets touched, and as soon as I'm home, she hops on the sink wanting me to run the water. I had a fountain once but it was too loud and the motor soon broke (but she loved it).

    ReplyDelete