Friday, June 10, 2011

Guys night out

Last night my friend Gary invited me to go to a Frisco Rough Riders (Texas Rangers AA farm team) game with him.  His company has season tickets right behind home plate, and best of all, they come with free food.  Yum!






The crowd was a little thin as the Dallas Mavericks were playing on TV (they won), which just left more food/beverage/fun for the rest of us.


Between innings they try to keep the crowd entertained, and this night they had a lady with some frisbee-chasing dogs.  I caught this little pooch ^ in mid-jump.   They were hilarious!  Notice the beach umbrellas in the center field cheap seats?  They have a swimming pool out there you can rent for parties. Great idea!

Turns out we lost in 15 innings, but who cares.  It was still a fun evening.  I got home late, took a shower to cool off, and then crashed and slept like a baby.  Not a bad way to ease into the weekend, was it?  ;)

S

3 comments:

  1. I really love watching our farm team play although I despise the pro team who presently owns them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minor league baseball is the best, I always have a great time at a game. On the other hand at the major league games I've have seen, several in Atlanta and and two in Baltimore, it was a pain. Irritating people, had to finance the hot dogs they were so expensive, and traffic afterward was a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Bum. That's why I love to go to Firsco games. Plus, it'sless than 2 miles from home.

    Bobby, the minor league teams, fans, ball parks, etc, are just so much less pretentious.

    ReplyDelete