Sunday, June 5, 2011

Midnight in Paris



We  made it to the 7:40 showing of Midnight in Paris at our neighborhood Angelika theatre last night, and in a word, it was SUPERB!  It was an odd sort of romantic comedy, but with Woody Allen writing and directing this shouldn't surprise anyone.  The cinematography, the sets, the cast of characters, the plot....everything was all totally first class.  My "dream squeeze" Carla Bruni was in 3 scenes, and while she didn't sing, it was enough to keep me happy.  :)


I wholeheartedly recommend you see it, so I don't want to say anything that might give the plot away.  If you insist on knowing more before you plunk down your hard-earned money, you can read about it here.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the movie we walked next door to Ginger Man and got ourselves a sidewalk table and a couple 'o beers.  My daughter Andrea participated in The Firefly Run for charity, and as it was over at about the same time, she and some friends caught up with us and shared a brew, too.  


Today is just a sit-back-and-relax day.  We read the paper and had a coffee out, then cruised our old neighborhood, and finally wound up at Braum's Ice Cream where we shared a strawberry sundae.

Yep, this has been a fine weekend.  Hope yours was, too.  

S

6 comments:

  1. those kinds of weekends are the best! I spent the last days helping my daughter, Regina, move into her new home... and it all went well! Now I can relax! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll catch that movie when i see it on DVD or T.V. as i don't mind a rom-com especially if Woody Allen is involved :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see Midnight in Paris myself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice update. This is what summertime is all about.

    ReplyDelete