Saturday, September 10, 2011

Italian Car Fest 2011

Ear-to-ear grins for me today.  I was at the Italian Car Fest this morning when the gates opened.  The event was held in a city park in Grapevine, near DFW airport.  About 75 Alfa Romeo's, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's,  Lancia's, Maserati's, Fiat's and a few other low-production cars were represented.  Here's a sampling:







Alfa's all ^



Some nice Maserati's ^


An over-the-top Lamborghini (aren't they all?)  ^



Ferrari's ^




A few "cherry" Fiat's ^


A gratuitous Lancia ^



And my personal favorite ^, a 1964 Alfa Romeo Giulia SS.  Innit cool?

I'll share more later.  Happy weekend, everyone.  :)

S


5 comments:

  1. I want the Alfa in the second photo. My second choice would be the gray Fiat roadster.
    good shots, S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember once being in traffic in my VW Quantum station wagon in Austin, Texas, stopped at a light and looking down (physically, not figuratively) at the sleek Lamborghini stopped right next to me!

    Thanks for posting the pictures, Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, we were there, too! I dragged the whole family... hubby didn't mind, but my girls weren't too happy at all when they found out what the "Italian Fest" REALLY was! LOL
    My personal favorite was the '61 Fiat 500. And of course the race car.
    (Found my way here from wildstorm's blog, btw)

    ReplyDelete