Friday, September 16, 2011

When you've only got one day off, you'd better make it count

Let's get the weather out of the way first:  The miserable heat is behind us, and things will only get better from here.  This morning I actually wore a windbreaker to walk the dog as it was in the low-60's with a stiff breeze.  Awesome!


Work drones on, which isn't a bad thing, just a boring thing.  This weekend there are several events going on in town:  Octoberfest in Addison and Grapefest in Grapevine.  I've been to the local Octoberfest before and it was pretty cheesy.  I'm thinking not.  Grapefest might be fun, but it is a VERY kid-oriented town which leads me to think there will be a lot of little kiddletts running around drinking virgin wine coolers.  I think I'd rather go for a back alley discount root canal.  We do have dinner nailed down for tonight.  We're going for The Big Easy Cajun cuisine.  Best seafood gumbo this side of....well....The Big Easy. 


I'm back to working 6 days a week as we now have a house close enough to completion to show to prospective customers.  It's just one of those necessary evils that goes with real estate.  My long weekends, which to me meant Saturday AND Sunday, were nice while they lasted.  Oh well.....


Happy weekend.  :)


S

3 comments:

  1. Oh crap. I have a wine tasting tonight and Oktoberfest tomorrow...

    I'm trying to be sneaky and NOT drink at either...

    Sunday the BIG waves will be here and I'm going to attempt riding them. Massive and High frequency may make it tough.

    Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do without Oktoberfests lol ... would you believe I have NEVER been to the original one in Munich and I have no intention of ever going there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all Ι woulԁ like to say
    excellеnt blοg! I had a quick queѕtion that I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was curious to find out how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I'vе had a
    tοugh time clеaring my minԁ іn gettіng my ideas out.
    I truly do enjoy wгiting hoωevег it јust ѕeems lіkе the first
    10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost just tryіng to fіguгe out hοw to begіn.
    Any rеcommendations or hints? Cheers!

    my blog ... CarbonPoker Promotions

    ReplyDelete