Friday, September 30, 2011

Tease

I'm a news junkie, which often clashes with my lack of patience.  (ADD?)  I'll read a headline, and if the topic interests me I'll read more.  Then if the first couple of paragraphs still interests me I'll read the whole thing.  I hate it when the headline reads, "10 Best Places to...." or "10 Money Saving Tips", then when you try to read more they bury the list of "10 Best" deep in the article.   Really?  Why do they tempt me like that then hold back?   What a cruel tease.


I've got it figured that the authors are women, probably the very same women who teased me as an adolescent.  Starting in about the 7th or 8th grade I had a tough time "concentrating", if you know what I mean.  (Is that you Sue?  Melody?)  I don't think its gotten any easier with a few more candles on the cake, either.  I wonder if I have a note taped to the back of my shirt that says "Tease Me"?


Changing tack, today K and I both took the day off to go to the Foat Wuth Music Festival.  K gave me (us) 2 VIP tickets for my birthday.  Lots of jazz/blues artists including one of my faves, Marcia Ball, will be there along with artists showing off their arts & crafts as well as some food trucks.  I hope I'm not disappointed by the food trucks.  I have visions of some really unique cuisines served up by the kind of trucks featured on the Food Network.   I hope it's not something like "Manuel's Maggot Wagon".  I see those every day on construction sites.  Yuck!  Surely not.


I'll have pictures to share tomorrow.


Adios,


S

No comments:

Post a Comment