Thursday, September 1, 2011

New "whoa" today

My little chariot has finally told me it's ready for some new "whoa".....that would be "brakes" for any of you non-technical types.  I've been wondering when I would start to hear the tell-tale squeal when I apply the brakes that indicates new ones are needed.  That's known as a wear indicator, and I still haven't heard it.  But for the last 2 days, after I've driven a few miles, a dash light comes on that says "brake" and a chime goes off for a few seconds and then stops.  I checked it out and in true over-the-top German fashion I learned that Audi wear indicators are electronic, and not just a mechanical squeal like on most cars. 


I can't complain, though, as my car has over 84,000 miles on it and still has the original brakes.  I think that's pretty amazing.  And those aren't long stretches of highway miles either, but mostly urban driving. That does include some freeway driving, but they're just as likely to be stop-and-go as 80 mph.


Last night's dinner out with the family was fun.  We ate Mexican, but to keep my diet on track I had a Mexican shrimp cocktail for my entree and some guacamole.  Maybe not the best, but a lot better than it could have been.  


Work and a pocket-picking by my mechanic awaits.  Gotta go.  ;)


S

2 comments:

  1. Most likely you only need front brakes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need to have all brakes replaced, most likely your mechanic has a boat payment due...

    ReplyDelete