Sunday, September 25, 2011

Mother Nature is just jerkin' my chain

After a few days of cool weather last week and even a little rain, and after officially ushering in autumn last Friday, I allowed myself to be lulled into thinking summer was over.  Ummm....not quite.  Today it was up to 95 degrees.  Not 107 thank God, but come on.  Enough already!

I have a new GoreTex light parka that really needs to be tried out.  A short backpacking trip later this year when it's cooler might be nice, but as K doesn't have a good sleeping bag (yet), timing is touchy.  I've stayed toasty warm in mine when it was in single digits outside, but K doesn't have as much natural "insulation" as I do.  And I don't think her comfort range is as wide as mine.  I'll need to get her toughened up for our eventual move to the mountains.  I wish I could say that would be next year, but honestly I don't think it can happen that soon.  I wish I was a patient person, but I'm not.  Grrrrrr....

S

3 comments:

  1. THis morning while getting the Kid ready for Sunday school, instead of putting on his tie, I simply rolled up his shirt sleeves and gave him that casual Friday look for I knew it would be 90 something when we got out. I'm really finished with the 90 degree days. Now the nights, they cool off pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got blasted with rain off and on this weekend. Enough to drive up the humidity and ruin plans.

    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was 54 when I got up this morning!

    ReplyDelete