Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Emma's sick....I'm afraid

My dog Emma Belle is not well.  A few weeks ago she was diagnoised with pancreatitis and has been on a special prescription diet ever since.  (I found out in my research that miniature schnauzers and westies are prone to the condition.)  Most days she seems OK, will eat her food, go to the bathroom, etc.  Every now and then her system would rebel, and it wasn't pretty.  Now is one of those times.  She hasn't been able to keep food down for almost two days and has had diarrhea and thrown up twice.  This morning at 4am she scratched at the door, her signal to go out immediately. 


 I have an appointment with the vet this morning at 10.  I have no idea what to expect.  I thought Emma was about 12 or 13 years old, but K says she's more likely around 15.  I know what her ultimate fate will be, but I would prefer it to be later....much later.  Regardless of what I want, I will not let her suffer.  I owe her that much.  She gives so much and asks so little in return.  Please say a prayer for my little pooch's recovery.






S

6 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear about your pooch. I hope things go well at the vets but at the very least you've given this precious baby a wonderful life. I'll be thinking about you today, and praying for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update - Emma just has a really sensitive system. Scott will discuss in detail later I am sure. Looks like she is going to be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. poor baby. Having a 16 yr old cat that just had to have one eye operated out, I know how you guys feel!! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only just read this. I'm glad Emma is going to be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor little thing. Glad to hear she is feeling better. Hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete