Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Postal Service strikes again!

I know the US Constitution specifically says the government is supposed to deliver the mail, but really, the Postal Service is about as worthless as a screen door on a submarine.   Why would anyone choose to deal with the USPS, given a choice?  How inept do you have to be to get a job at the post office?  Maybe that's why they lost $5.1B last year, and are projected to lose another $14.1B next year.  They can't even deliver a simple magazine in one piece:




Up through page 48 I just have to guess what the missing words might have said.  As far as I'm concerned, the USPS can go ahead and forgo Saturday delivery as they are proposing.  They should easily be able to compress their damage into a 5-day-delivery week, leaving their Saturday's free for banjo practice.

Long live UPS and FedEx!

S

3 comments:

  1. So true, but it makes me sad to think of the US Postal Service going the way of the dodo. It used to be a much more reliable method of sending and receiving mail but new technology and companies like FedEx and UPS are siphoning off profits. I guess everything has its day. Do you remember writing on airmail paper to send letters? Seems like a lifetime ago. I guess it was....

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh... I still have some of that special airmail paper! Times have changed for sure. My brother is a mailman (not mail PERSON... I hate that PC stuff) and I think he's glad to retire soon.

    Make the mail department pay for the damage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dorrie....most "old time" government employees will tell you they are ready to retire as the quality/intelligence/work ethic of their fellow employees is NOT what it was when they first began their careers.

    ReplyDelete