Thursday, December 1, 2011

A clean desk is a sign of.....

....a sick mind.  At least that's the old saying.  Really?  I've been told I'm "not right", but "sick"?  I'll let you decide....am I normal, slightly warped, oddly eccentric, or in need of one of those shirts with the really long sleeves that tie together in the back?



One bit of paperwork clutter I do like on my desk is this:


I have no idea what it is, or even if it's legitimate, but I'm gonna throw it at my bank and see if it sticks. Apparently I'm part of a class action lawsuit....you know the type, where the lawyers get $100,000,000 and the screwed consumers get $18.04 each.  But, hey, I'll take it.  Being the big spender that I am, I'm gonna treat K to one of the finest drive-thru burger joints in town.

Speaking of burgers, you'd better start checking the list of ingredients in your burger meat.  That's because the USDA will soon begin inspecting horse slaughter houses, which means horse meat might soon start showing up on American menus, or at least discretely as an added filler.  Now it goes mostly to pet food makers, although I understand horse meat is not uncommon in Europe.  What next?  Baby seal meat?

S




5 comments:

  1. Darn! My check is dwarfed by yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat anything with the word "cheval" in it. I think that's a fancy way to add horse meat. Maybe today I'll receive a check in the mail to rival yours. If I do, I promise not to rub it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray. Mo' money! I'll take a check anytime...especially the unsolicited version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we don't eat horse meat in Germany! ditto Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorrie....the report I read mentioned Belgium and France, but said nothing of Germany. BTW...How's Shila doing?

    Bobby....any check with me as the payee is good!

    Stephen, Bruce....This is the first check like this I've received since...um...never!

    S

    ReplyDelete