Friday, December 16, 2011

Our anniversary dinner....

Tonight K and I have reservations to celebrate our 5-year anniversary at Seasons 52.  It's one of those places that puts just a little bit of food on a great big plate.  *pout*  The good news is that little bit of food is amazing!  I'm going for the filet, and I think K is too as the last time we were there she had the Scottish salmon, but kept eyeing my steak all evening.  Watch, listen, and learn, babe....



That will be us sitting back in the corner by the kitchen.  (Hmmmm, the publicity photo shows decent portion sizes. Maybe my memory failed me.  For once I'm hoping.)


Best of all, it's just a 5 minute walk from our home, and I love walking around our neighborhood, especially on weekends.  The "sights" never cease to entertain/confound me.  You'll see stunningly gorgeous women dressed to the hilt accompanied by guys that look like they were under their car changing the oil just minutes before.  Fashion trends these days just baffle me.  


We've had two days of badly needed rain, and now the sun is coming back out for the weekend.  Perfect!  I still have to work this Sunday afternoon, but then I'll have two consecutive holiday weekends off.  I won't know what to do with myself!  We'll probably go to the mall this Saturday and indulge in a Starbucks, and as we've had all our Christmas shopping complete for well over a month, just sit and stare and laugh at all the panicked people scurrying around fighting over the last of whatever the latest greatest gizmo is this year. Haha!


What's on your weekend agenda?  Something fun I hope.


S

3 comments:

  1. Order a nice steak for me, maybe a ribeye with a bit of pink in it. If it's good enough I won't even douse it wit A-1, which is usually my reason for ordering a steak. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a steak, at home. It was marginal but the baked potato was great. Weekend? SWMBO says we're going out for breakfast. Mexican, maybe?

    ReplyDelete