Friday, December 9, 2011

I'm not sure what to think of this....

Rinspeed, an aftermarket car customizer in Europe, proposes to make an add-on pod for a Smart car, making it capable of carrying more stuff.   Isn't the whole idea of a Smart car to travel light?  When it's hooked up it sorta looks like a  WWII German troop carrier.  Maybe a fake machine gun on top for effect?  Make the Highway Patrol think twice before stopping you, for sure.  




I also read in the paper where Wachovia, now part of Wells Fargo Bank, has agreed to pay a $148M fine to settle charges of illegal bid-rigging in years past.  That's it?  Really?  That would be like me robbing a bank (say Wells Fargo) of $1M, getting caught, and agreeing to pay a $500,000 fine.  And they say crime doesn't pay.  Ha!  I wanna see some "suits" busting rocks in the prison quarry!

Emma is doing much better.  Her digestive system seems to be performing as advertised.  Thanks for the prayers and good wishes on her behalf.

Hope y'all have a great weekend.

S


4 comments:

  1. Hang in there with Emma. Merry Christmas Brother...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, good news about Emma. I first saw a Smart car in Madrid in the late nineties; it was a police car! I took a picture of it and put in on our fridge when we got home. At that time I heard they cost about nine thousand dollars and I thought they were incredibly cool. I couldn't wait for them to come to the States. Now that they have, they don't seem to be very popular, maybe because , over here, they're rather expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay for Emma, and hoping she continues to do well.

    I saw a Smart car in Munich for the first time; a pizza chain had them for their company vehicles for pizza delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Emma's doing better, S. Not gonna philosophize about pets, we all know what they mean to us.

    I'd take a Fiat 500 over the Smart Car, but I think it's even more expensive...

    ReplyDelete