Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cars and Coffee, September, 2012

With a high temperature forecast for 100 degrees later on in the day, I was at Cars and Coffee at 07:30 while it was still nice out....80 degrees, blue skies, light breeze.  This being Labor Day weekend undoubtedly hurt attendance a bit, but it was still a good time.






One of the local Lotus clubs brought out a nice group....


....as did the local BMW 2002 Owners Group.


A nice group of vintage Corvettes showed up, too.


Nothin' like a Chevy Nomad for a fun Saturday night at the drive-in.  It was nicely presented, too, complete with a period ice chest and a drive-in movie speaker.  The only thing missing are fogged up windows.  *wink*


Today would have been a nice day for a spirited drive in a nicely turned out Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite.  



I still think a Jaguar E-Type is one of the most beautiful cars ever, but when they had to slap on these grotesque 5 mph bumpers to meet some stupid government mandate, it ruined it IMO.



An *ahem* attractive young lady brought her beautiful, if unusually colored, BMW Z3 M.  This color was European spec only, but after begging the factory for a month they finally agreed to paint one for a US customer.  (This lady is the second owner.)  Paired with this orange interior it is, understandably, a one-of-a-kind.  I must admit, though, it actually worked well.  Or maybe it was the owner that worked well....I dunno....


This same Ferrari FF has been there two months in a row, suggesting it isn't one of Ferrari's most popular models, at least not in Dallas. Now if they want to discount it about 99% I could probably be presuaded....  :)


I'll leave you with a choice of what I think looks like one of the funnest little cars out there today, the Fiat 500 Abarth.  Whatdoyathink?  Black or white?


Only because of the Texas sun I'd probably choose white.  Somebody help me break the news to K.  ;)

S 


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Wonderful photos, great cars. My photos are appearing slowly but surely. Lol. Go to my Wall, if you want to see all of them that I've posted so far. Had great weather here, too, and saw lots of awesome cars.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved me the bug eye-ed sprite. I had a 1959 MGA until the engine seized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you wish you had that MGA today? With a runnng engine, of course.

    S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos, all of them! And if you don't dare tell K about the Fiat, I'll keep/hide it for you in my garage. I probably should make sure it runs and would sacrifice myself and take it our for a ride every so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...our little secret. *shhhhhhhh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you cretin! Where is the photo of "M TOPLS"? You could have told K it was just for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can really imagine myself in that Chevy Nomad, the wind blowing through my hair. I'm looking really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No original Lotus Esprit or Europa? I are disappoint.
    When you first posted the Ferrari FF, I thought it was a Mazda.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope, sorry Doug.

    Steve....that would be a ckik, huh? ;)

    Bruce....Oh, I did, and she bought it hook, line, and sinker. ;)

    Scott....did it bring a tear to your eyes?

    S

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little Fiats sure are cute. I'm with Pixel. Spread the wealth and hide it out with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete