Sunday, September 30, 2012

To-may-to....to-mah-to....whatever.

Friday evening on our way out for dinner K said she wanted to stop by The Container Store to buy a thingy to hold her flower.  She said it could be sealed tight so as to keep bugs out.  Hmmm....I didn't know we had problems with bugs in our flowers.  I've never seen any.  'Course, I've never seen any flowers around here, either.  Maybe she has them hidden away somewhere.  Why?

On the way she told me she saw them in a magazine and that they were only $20.  Damn, 20 bucks? To keep bugs off flowers?  Why not just buy new flowers?

Then she said she would really like to buy 3 of them.  At $20 a pop?  Yikes!  How many flowers does she have hidden away?

In my sweetest, softest, most understanding tone of voice I asked, "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR FREAKIN' MIND!  DID YOU FORGET TO TELL ME YOU WON THE LOTTERY?"

She gave me "the look".  I checked the shine on my shoes and told her I would wait in the car while she went in and bought her flower holder thingy.  



Turns out THIS is what she was talking about.  And it was "flour", not "flower".  She's not very articulate sometimes, you know?

S



9 comments:

  1. You made several mistakes here, but I'm not about to pour salt into your wounds by pointing them out to you, and i have a feeling you already know what they are. Tell K the containers look smart and practical, and she's a genius for thinking of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy for you to say. You don't have your mouth wired shut. ;)

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, but THREE how much baking does she do? Nevermind...looks like a terrific idea.

    I often check the shine on my shoes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahah! I have some that look like plastic water pitchers and are sized for a bag of flower or sugar. They seal up tightly as well which is the goal. No bugs in your flour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a nut - but I think I've told you this before (maybe several times before, I've lost count).

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple of bay leaves will deter the bugs. Less than 20 bucks apiece. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me give you a hint: a big container of flour next to a Kitchenaid machine holds the promise of cookies. Many cookies... you're a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have had the pleasure of looking at my shoes to avoid the look.

    Yes the promise of cookies sounds like a plan.

    ReplyDelete