Friday, September 21, 2012

Congratulations France!

Today has been declared a holiday in Pakistan, to be known as the "Day of Love for the Prophet Muhammad".  



As best as I can make out from news reports from the region, the professional rock throwers have been given the day off so they can throw rocks on their own time.  Groups of Pakistani yoots are roaming the streets, yelling "death to the United States and death to the French" in response to the showing of "blasphemous" pictures of Muhammad in those countries.

Congratulations France!  Looks like you've made it to the Big Leagues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love hard work.


I could sit and watch it for hours.

This morning I took Luke the Wonder Dog for a long walk all the way around the nearby construction project.  We sat on a park bench and watched the workers laying brick and stone, the guys up on the roof laying the clay tiles, and the lift truck drivers scurrying back and forth keeping the workers stocked with materials.  It was a very well coordinated operation.  They've obviously done this a time or two.  I'm glad there are still people willing to work that hard.

The park across from the construction site commemorates the "Shawnee Trail", which was apparently a cattle-drive route from further south up to the rail yards and meat packers to the north.  

Our park has this little stream running through it:


I found this spot to be very relaxing, no doubt just the way the Shawnee stone masons intended it. I also found this spot made me want to go to the bathroom.  Luke was already empty by the time we got here, so he was fine with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

S



7 comments:

  1. What a pretty little creek! We used to have a very small water fountain in our apartment. Eventually I got used to it, but at first I was always having to run to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful stream. Construction is great...as long as it's not anywhere near me.

    I don't really have anything against Muslims or Mohammad but the barbarianism over there really makes me want to go make some slanderous images of him to put up on my blog. I agree with the "South Park" episode that we should all create images of Mohammad just to show them we won't be bullied into giving up our free speech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm of the same mind, somewhat, as PT above. I've given serious thought to doing a blog post entitled "Mohammed Sucks". Not because I wish to denigrate anyone's religion - I do not take kindly to my Christianity being denigrated, so try not to make too many jokes about anyone's religion - but solely because of the statement it would make concerning freedom of speech. It is unconscionable to me to have someone in some other land telling me what I should or should not write, draw, view, speak, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even more disheartening is hearing some in my own country calling for appeasement via censorship. No. A million times no. I'll gladly die before I let anyone muzzle me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They never seem to run out of rocks in the Middle East. You'd think those in charge would eventually get the idea that it isn't a good idea to leave rocks laying around when you have so many unemployed youths roaming the streets. Pay them to pick up the rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yoots? What is a yoot? (Sorry, by I left that one out of my famous movie line post.

    I wanted to draw an image of Mohammed but since it is a sin to portray his image no one knows what he looked like.

    In the interests of free speach and only in the interests of free speach "FUCK MOHAMMED." (I mean of course Mohammed Steinbaum of the Bronx...I never liked that guy.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The problems they are causing over there is unreal, how is it OK for them to turn on us and kill our people because someone made a "movie" that degrades their prophet, if they were to degrade our God and we started to retaliate in the same manner we would have all of our rocks taken away--sigh

    Nice stream, that had to be a relaxing spot to be in, and as far as construction goes it is pretty impressive to watch it all come together.

    ReplyDelete