Saturday, September 29, 2012

It was a cold and rainy day....






OK, "cold" might be a stretch.  Low 70's and rain does feel good, though.  We were out for brunch by 10....la Madeleine, then to REI for K to buy a rain jacket.   I already own half the store so I didn't need anything.  Finally we stopped at Market Street where K bought baking stuff and I bought football food for the rest of the day.

Shortly Tennessee / Georgia is on TV, then tonight my alma mater Texas Tech plays Iowa St.  This will be their first true test as their first wins were against the Rainbow School of Jewelry Design and the El Paso School of Flower Arranging. *yawn*  Time to fix the queso and guacamole....I like being prepared.

Have fun everyone.

S


6 comments:

  1. La Maddie's is the perfect place to be on such a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the game, and it doesn't hurt to add a bit of Tabasco to the guacamole.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile when you make fun of good old EPSOFA, I played middle tulip for them in the 60's

    ReplyDelete
  4. ASU beat Cal this afternoon while I was browsing the Corvette show and stopping for a pint at the Palace Saloon. A great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter owns the other half of REI. I just get her gift certificates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan....Smart mom, lucky daughter. :)

    Bruce....Excellent! Football, cars, and a brew. Just about the perfect day.

    Joe....Middle tulip? I had you figured as more of a sand burr.

    Steve....Tabasco in guac....absolutely! In EVERYTHING!

    Wildstorm....Yep, I like their breakfast food. It tided me over until time for late afternoon football food. :)

    ReplyDelete