Tuesday, December 11, 2012

An offer they can't refuse....


Good morning world!

I heard on the Happy News this morning that men are helping out around the house more these days.  Not much more, but more than the 0% from days past.  The report said that women spend 52 minutes a day doing housework while men do 16 minutes a day, and women do 70% of the laundry, too.

Another advantage to downsizing to a much smaller place....there's less to clean.  I make up the bed 'cause I'm the last one up.  K does 90% of the cooking, while I do 90% of the clean up.  The laundry is pretty much 50-50.  A housekeeper every other week for a few hours does the heavy lifting.  We could do it ourselves, but after all these years Geneva is like family.  She stays.  

How about at your casa?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's see....first there were the Castelano's, the Gambino's, and the Bonanno's, and now we have the USB's, the RBS's, the Citi's, the JPMorganChase's and a bunch more, too.  The list of mafia outfits grows every day.  HSBC just paid a $1.9B fine for money laundering.  (They helped Iran and the Mexican drug cartels.)  A dozen other banks are ratting on each other over their interest-rate-rigging scandal in the UK.  (Their defense....the others were more guilty than they were.)  

Now there are a combined TRILLION dollars in claims pending against BofA, JPMorganChase, Wells Fargo, Citigroup, and others over their fraudulent mortgage securities businesses.  The banks will probably settle for something like $400B.  (Does this mean they'll get away with the other $600B?  How is that fair?)  

The only thing missing from this organized crime drama is some executive "whacking" in broad daylight while they're eating their spaghetti dinners.  (Personally I'd classify that as "justifiable homicide".)

First we had "too big to fail".  Now we have "too big to indict".  It seems the Feds are offering plea bargains to the banks rather than indicting their ivory tower Dons because they're afraid a guilty verdict in court would scare away investors and the banks would go belly-up.  Then us taxpayers would get stuck with the clean up.

The message here....if you're gonna commit a crime, make it a BIG ONE!

Now, unless you're a banker....have a nice day.  :)



S


8 comments:

  1. Back in the old days when Mike was a student he was a most excellent house husband - got groceries, cooked, did laundry... Now that he's also working full time it's more of a 50/50 deal. I do most of the cleaning - when I get around to it. I really really hate to clean. I need a Geneva! My mom cleaned houses for many years, but I never did take after her...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live alone so I have to do all the household chores...which is why my place is a pigsty!

    It seems big banks like Lindsey Lohan can get away with anything and only get a slap on the wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave the banks alone!

    Send the CEO's to jail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's essentially what I'm saying Joe. Sheesh! Your rank and file bankers are OK people just doing their jobs. It's the Ivory tower guys, the Sr. VP's and CEO's and their wheeler dealer underlings who are corrupt. If banks would just perform the duties banks are supposed to do...match up depositors with borrowers and take their cut for their services...we'd all be in great shape. But instead the money depositors are entrusting them with is being used for questionable, now we're learning illegal, activities. They're making a fortune for sure, but not in a very honorable way. It can be argued the banks are not serving the public as they were chartered to do. I agree with you...if the CEO could be locked up, there would be no need for me to write such posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HSBC is still making huge profits, even with this 1.9 billion dollar fine, which is probably chump change to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. House work? We're supposed to do house work??? I'm more concerned with going to Trader Joe's to find that mocha coffee drink!

    And why aren't we sending evil bankers to jail...after all, Martha Stewart did her time. She really was evil, wasn't she.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Martha was/is really evil but let's let that go.

    I think SWMBO and I pretty much divide the duties. SWMBO probably would disagree.

    But someone has to decide the important stuff, right? World Peace, the economy, are we gonna have pizza for supper???

    ReplyDelete
  8. We made a deal. Him, laundry. Me, dishes. It didn't take me long to realize what a bad deal I had made so I just quit cooking dinner. He would get hungry before me. You gonna cook dinner, he would ask. Nope, I said. Now he cooks dinner.

    ReplyDelete