Monday, December 10, 2012

Let it snow, let it snow....

Twenty eight degrees, 21 mph winds, and light snow.  Yep, I'd say I got the winter weather I've wanted.  I have my winter coat, gloves, and wool cap ready.  It won't last long....'till noon maybe....but I'll enjoy it for the few hours it's here.


No, this was our neighborhood two years ago, not today.  But I hope to see something like this again this year before winter is over.  FYI, this was all gone two days later when the temp was back in the 60's.  That's Texas weather for you.

Luke the Wonder Dog doesn't seem to share my enthusiasm for winter.  K took him out first thing this morning, and as he stepped out of the building he stopped, looked north, south, and up at the snow falling, then did a 180 and walked back inside.  I guess he didn't have to "go" after all.

Is it just me or does it seem to you, too, that the Christmas season lethargy has already set in?  Work seems to slow noticeably, people seem more laid back / less driven.  Maybe it's just my advanced age (hey, don't agree so fast!) but doesn't that usually happen a week or so before Christmas?  We're still two weeks away.  

It's a slow news day.  That's all I have.  Happy Monday everyone.  :)

S


7 comments:

  1. I'd agree with you but I'm always lethargic at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I was about to say the same thing PT did :)

    I can't believe you guys have snow! It's not fair! I checked out long range forecast & they're calling for snow & freezing rain (ugh) on the 19th...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I get much older (and don't YOU agree so fast) I find that I want less and less snow. I'd be happy with a dusting on Christmas Eve, just for the beauty of it, then maybe one snowfall of a couple of inches so I could build a snowman with MY WIFE. Let's schedule that one for March. Aside from that, I want NONE. And I used to pray for snow when I was a kid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your picture with all the pretty snow.

    This morning I loudly sang along with the radio, "...the weather outside is frightful..." while having the car AC running full blast.

    I am all about the Christmas season lethargy. That's why so many people get my cards right after Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so little energy this Christmas season that I'll be lucky if I get the animals in the nativity scene by Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the snow, unless i have to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the slow down right now - my work is usually so "fast paced on the verge of insanity" - I am enjoying the bit of peace on earth

    K

    ReplyDelete